Custom Events are an easy way to track metrics that aren’t automatically available
- Record any event and an associated value
- See metrics for count, unique count, value sum, and value average
- See breakdowns of demographics, devices, and more
Example Use Cases
- How many people completed a tutorial and how long did it take them?
- How many players defeat an enemy and how much damage do they take?
- How many crates/eggs are opened?
Before you start:
1. Call Custom Events
There are two ways to call custom events:
registerEvent(eventName, playerId)- without a value
registerEvent(eventName, value, playerId)- with a value
You can call these in a server script like this:
local BloxbizSDK = game.ServerScriptService.BloxbizSDK local SuperBizAnalytics = require(BloxbizSDK.PublicAPI) -- register a custom event SuperBizAnalytics.registerEvent("test_event", player.UserId) -- register a custom event with a value SuperBizAnalytics.registerEvent("player_completed_tutorial", 100, player.UserId)
2. See Reports
Custom events automatically record 4 metrics: Total Events, Unique Events, Sum, Average. In addition, you can view custom events for different breakdowns: Day/Week/Month, Country, Language, Device, Membership, Place.
See analytics for your custom events in the Custom Events section in the Reports tab.
- Event Calls Per Day: 1,000,000 calls per day per game
- Event Calls Per Minute: 500 calls per minute per game server
- Event Names Per Day: 50 unique names per day per game
Request Higher Limits
We’ll adjust limits over time. Contact us to request higher limits.